Red and Hard Urate please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has not been eating a lot lately but I passed it off as her going into brumation, which meant I wasn't worried that she wasn't pooping. But then today she started acting really active so I let her run around on my floor and she took the biggest poop ever. It kind of shocked me a little so I picked it up with toilet paper and tried separating it and it looked almost like burnt inside. Im not sure if this is what poop usually looks like since I don't normally do this but that was my first concern. Then I noticed her urate was red and so hard. This made me literally so scared. I then noticed she had a little stuck and it wasn't pink like she was prolapsing but there was a little there. Does she need immediate care? I have her sitting in the bath now because I think this is due to lack of hydration, but she never drinks and I already spray all of her veggies with water so I dont know how to fix it. Im really really worried about her so please help. Does she need immediate vet care?
(I also just ordered a new UVB bulb becasue hers is getting old so that should be here on sunday)
108993-9724522056.jpg
108993-7007225905.jpg
108993-9262020518.jpg

myagregory1

Original Poster
UPDATE:

I let her sit in the bath for 20 minutes and then the thing that was stuck in her came out and it looks like this. I know I say she but biologically my bearded dragon is a male (I thought she was a girl at first and then didn't want to change it later on) so could this be a sperm plug?
108993-9129003933.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The consistency and color may be due to the digestion taking longer than usual this time around. Hopefully it's just temporary though. Keep offering him water and food if he wants it. Keep track of his weight to make sure that is remaining fairly stable. Has he gone back into a lower energy level after this? He could want to return for more sleep, or be ready to wake back up. It definitely looks like a sperm plug that he passed in the second photo.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your girl is definitely male! That is a sperm plug & they are very common.
That sure is a mess, he must have been a little backed up. Since he wont drink much
you can try getting some fluids into him, using a plastic dropper or syringe. Drip water
onto the end of his nose to see if he will lick any of that off of his nose. It is highly effective
most of the time.
What supplementation are you using for him?

Tracie

myagregory1

Original Poster
CooperDragon":32afx3gl said:
The consistency and color may be due to the digestion taking longer than usual this time around. Hopefully it's just temporary though. Keep offering him water and food if he wants it. Keep track of his weight to make sure that is remaining fairly stable. Has he gone back into a lower energy level after this? He could want to return for more sleep, or be ready to wake back up. It definitely looks like a sperm plug that he passed in the second photo.

Thank you for responding! My beardie has actually started to be a little more active lately but definitely has a want for digging so I built him a dig box (I used alfalfa pellets after doing some research, hopefully that's good). I am just going to keep offering food for now to see if my beardie will take It or not.

myagregory1

Original Poster
Drache613":3jb3lkdg said:
Hello,

Your girl is definitely male! That is a sperm plug & they are very common.
That sure is a mess, he must have been a little backed up. Since he wont drink much
you can try getting some fluids into him, using a plastic dropper or syringe. Drip water
onto the end of his nose to see if he will lick any of that off of his nose. It is highly effective
most of the time.
What supplementation are you using for him?

Tracie
Hi! Thank you for your response! And yes my girl is totally a boy. The place I got her from never told me what she was so I went months thinking she was a girl until I found out she was a boy and I couldn't bring my heart to stop calling her she/her so now she is a boy with different pronouns :lol: I tried your dropper trick and it actually worked really well! I was so happy so thank you! I use multivitamins twice a week and calcium 3 times a week but she doesn't really eat much since her digestion has definitely slowed down for brumation so I'm not sure if shes really getting her supplements or not.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things with your boy, any changes?
Yeah, it is hard to change their name, if you find out they are the opposite sex. LOL
That is excellent that he doesn't mind drinking from a dropper then. This makes it so
convenient to keep them hydrated when they cooperate.
Is he still slown down, not eating as much, etc?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom