I Don't know how to take care of my bearded dragon Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatboxer

HI forum I am a new dragon owner with a paralyzing bearded dragon his name is zeesly I am going to upload the problem he has been having so I can get help in learning my mistakes and being a better caretaker for my bearded dragon
I caught this early so I'm going to be needing all the help I can to ensure my bearded survival

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like he has some paralysis. It could be from metabolic bone disease due to lack of calcium and proper UVB exposure. It looks like he's having a hard time moving his back legs in particular. I would probably get him to a vet who specializes in reptile care if you can.

When was the last time he pooped? What does he typically eat? Can you provide more detail about your setup including surface temperatures around the enclosure, which model and size of UVB you are using (and distance from the UVB to basking area)? If you can get everything set up as well as you can in his enclosure, it will give him the best chance at survival.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree w/ Cooper Dragon --- I would get him into a smaller enclosure for now like a hospital tank so you can focus on basking temps and UVB ---- you can use a 20 gallon plastic tote and set his lights up like this
97951-1320896047.jpg
-- this is from another one of our members that is good w/ helping sick dragons -- please answer Coopers questions so advice can be given on how to help him -- there is a vet tech mod on here that can help as well -- she can advise you on medical stuff --
But for now the 200 gallon tank hes in is too big -- here is a website to find a vet in your area
www.arav.org
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom