6 month old eats paper towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cleaning my little Rangos tank and I've never had a problem out of him eating the paper towel while I wash his carpet but today he ate quite a chunk of paper towel and I'm very worried about impaction as we dont have to money to take him to the vet. Both my parents and I are very worried and really need help.

Hey there! It should pass through just fine. This is the reason when people are debating between lose and solid substrates, I always say that no substrate is the best. This has happened to me a few times, and it's never been fatal. Just make sure they are eating and pooping normally over the next few days.

Try a substrate such as ceramic tile or vinyl. This page talks about the substrate. :)
https://www.cliffhangerreptiles.com/pages/housing

RangosMama

Original Poster
It's been a few days and hes ate very few and hasnt really moved. The only time he was active and moving around was when I had him in the bath. I'm not sure if it's because its colder outside or what but I'm worried.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hi there :) I actually had this same experience about a year ago with my girl Opal. She passed her next stool just fine. It is probably a great idea to feed your dragon 100% pumpkin puree. It will help settle his/her stomach and help pass the next stool smoothly. He/she may just be going into a brumation or is having a hard time passing the stool.. I suggest giving a warm soak. If nothing changes in the next day, or for any reason she/he goes downhill please post again and we can try to help more!

This is my girl, she turned out just fine <3
102727-3776417151.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom