Scales falling off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonClout

109787-3010999132.jpg
109787-4245440122.jpg
Hey so I just went to feed my man and I saw this on his back, it looked like his scales are like falling off or something I have so idea what’s going on or how it could have happened. Please if anyone knows what’s up tell me I’m really concerned, thank you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks to be scraped scales possibly. Could he be rubbing his back up against something
in this tank, or wedging himself in between something abrasive which could cause scale
damage?
You can get some raw, unpasteurized honey or some antibiotic ointment, to put on those areas.
They should technically clear up & heal over soon, with a shed.

Tracie

LemonClout

Original Poster
Possibly, im gonna try to monitor him a little more than normal to see what the problem might be. But thank you, I think I have some honey that would work so I’ll do that right now!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy's scales looking today? I hope that the honey helps him out. Just be sure
that there aren't any loose insects running around in his tank that could be attracted to the
honey!
Did you ever figure out what he could have scraped himself on in his tank?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom