Baby beardie foot, shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raquelpatterson

Hello I was wondering about my baby beardies foot he went through a kinda patchy shed about a week ago and I notice some of his toes were nubby and it wasn't like that when I got him, I have soaked him twice in warm water for about 20 min each in shed ease and no shed is comming off his foot I am worried that he will lose more of his toes any advice would help! I've never had any issues woth shed woth my other reptiles. Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd keep a close eye on that middle finger on the left hand. The tip of it looks shriveled and damaged. The hand is still in shed so if that clears without issue, it may heal over or the end may come apart without causing further issue. If the damaged, shriveled area appears to spread further up the hand then I'd have a vet look into it and treat for possible infection. For now, I'd focus on getting through the shed. Don't interfere with it much, but maybe put some plain aloe on it which may help the skin shed a bit more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom