HELP swollen vent

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: HELP swollen vent

Postby Julezmartin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:51 am

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

Actually, I agree, it does look much improved!
How many Ceftz injections is he due to receive? Did the vet conclude that there was some
type of impaction that had led to some inflammation or some infection in the area?
I am glad to see that he is getting better now. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Hi Tracy,
He was given one ceft injection at the vet and I was given four to take him. She said there was no obstruction on the X-ray she could see, but possibly from the pin worms I’m thinking? Is that possible? I was never really given a conclusion as to the swelling.
Julezmartin
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Julezmartin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:54 am

Oh god, I’m so sorry I forgot to mention that she did a fecal and he has pin worms. She said it’s common which I knew but his count is so high so wants to treat it. I gave him a dose of safeguard and three doses of Baycox.
Julezmartin
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:09 am

Hello,

Oh so the pinworm levels were alarmingly high? Baycox should work just fine then, with
3 treatments. Heavy loads of pinworms or coccidia can definitely cause inflammation of
tissues. That was a pretty extreme case I must say for it to have caused such marked
swelling!
How is he doing today?

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER