poop looks strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
our lizard is two years old, and lately, his appetite has decreased, though we have heard that it was normal for their appetite to slow down as he gets older. Though we started to get concerned when his poop came out strange at first it was normal poop but then it started to sort of mold it grew fuzzy, then earlier this week when he pooped it came out sort of in a sack-like it had a covering, then it molded again. That is all that has happened so far, please if you know wants wrong, please help us we don't have any reptile clinics near us so we have to know wants wrong before we try to go somewhere.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you removing his waste after he poos? It shouldn't stay in the tank long enough to allow for mold or fungus to grow on it.

-Brandon

setphdragon

Original Poster
Claudiusx":15jqfjf6 said:
Are you removing his waste after he poos? It shouldn't stay in the tank long enough to allow for mold or fungus to grow on it.

-Brandon
we don't remove the poop right after but both poops he took are only a day old and normally that doesn't happen

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, it is odd for the poo to have a growth even if left for days. For now though it would be best to remove it right away. It wouldn't hurt to do a deep cleaning of your entire enclosure. I doubt it is something wrong with your dragon, more likely something wrong with the environment.

Do you have a picture of the poo? If not, try to get a picture next time.
And one of your enclosure too.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom