Coccidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eindrdi

Poor scute has coccidia, no doubt due to the stress of her recent move from the pet store to my house. all her perameters are good, reptisun 10.0 tube light, 40 gallon tank, fresh water, spot cleaning daily, and very enriched environment. She is also on a diet of crickets, phoenix worms, mealworms, pea shutes, mizano, apple, kale, and the occasional squash or melon. i gut load and dust her food with multivitamin AND calcium with D3. upon figuring out she has coccidia im planning to do an entire overhaul and deep clean of her entire tank, new reptile mat, all her old sticks will be thrown out and replaced, and all her non disposable decor will be cleaned thrice over tomorrow. my only concern is, i have her in a hospital tank temporarily with the same temperature gradient as her old one, 105°F basking spot, 90 around basking spot, and 80-85 on cooler end. with shade in the hide at about 78. im wondering if the stress of being in there will make it worse, and if I should simply keep her in her 40gal after i clean it.
109727-4491019445.jpg
109727-3043733658.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is a little cutie! Was she doing well with being in her 40 gallon previously? If so, then
she would probably do better in her original tank to decrease stress. Just make sure that
her temperatures are optimal so she can get better.
Is she eating pretty well right now?

Tracie

Eindrdi

Original Poster
Thanks tracie, yes shes started picking up her eating after i cleaned up her tank and changed the scenery, her color is coming back to a nice ruby red coloration. The Sulfa she's on is making her a little tired, so shes spending quite a bit of time sleeping in her hammock and in the basking area. but shes starting to perk up!
109727-2290595006.jpg
heres her better coloration,
109727-1214532387.jpg
and heres her new setup. complete with a spooooky authentic cat skull ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Very cute indeed! Be sure to keep her very well hydrated, while she is on the Albon, as
it is very dehydrating & harsh. Do you also have a probiotic too for help with her tummy
while she is on the meds?
I'm glad to hear her colors are looking nice also! Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Eindrdi

Original Poster
I do not have a probiotic, but I can speak to my vet about that. I heard about the dehydration so i've been misting her a little and increasing the frequency of her baths. Her poop is still quite runny, but the amount of blood in it is decreasing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
You can look in the store or health food store, for a non dairy, organic soy yogurt, or a non dairy
acidophiliz to help out with balancing out the normal flora in the tummy.

How is she doing today?
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom