Constipated or impacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has been her usual self these past few weeks, with the exception of barely eating. She did a perfectly normal poop about a week ago, and hasn’t eaten anything different since then (hasn’t eaten anything at all) but today I’ve noticed her struggling to poop. She did a very tiny piece this morning (on her poop days, she usually poops twice), and then I noticed her straining really hard to do the rest, and when she couldn’t, her beard went black. I’ve put her in a warm bath and massaged her sides and tummy gently, and she tolerated it, but then she wanted out. She did a little bit more poop on the towel (there was a strand of hair in it), but it was a super tiny piece. Now I’ve put her back in her tank with her basking temps at 103, and I’m hoping she’ll do some more. She hasn’t eaten anything to make her impacted, and her mood was fine up until she couldn’t get this particular poop out. I’m worried that if I take her to the vets, they’ll do an enema on her, and I won’t be able to stop them because owners aren’t allowed into the practice due to COVID, you have to drop them off at the door. What should I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Try feeding her some unsweetened applesauce baby prunes canned pumpkin add a couple of drops of olive oil / and unpasteurized raw honey for taste --- see if she will lick it off the spoon - keep feeding it to her till she goes poop-- did you feed a insect that was too big for her --?
Karrie

beaniethebeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3chr0x6x said:
Try feeding her some unsweetened applesauce baby prunes canned pumpkin add a couple of drops of olive oil / and unpasteurized raw honey for taste --- see if she will lick it off the spoon - keep feeding it to her till she goes poop-- did you feed a insect that was too big for her --?
Karrie

Thank you, I’ll try all that stuff!
I don’t think so. She had two morio worms the other day, her first in a month (I posted about it on another thread and someone reassured me that she looked okay and sometimes adults eat less and other days they don’t), but they’re her usual bugs and she never struggles normally. She’s fine in herself, but she was struggling. The bath didn’t seem to help, although when I removed the hair it seemed to make it better. She’s got a nice orange beard now, but no poop.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We'll try the laxative stuff I posted- it should make her poop-- if she's not eating alot there will be less poop-- it's not uncommon for them to go long periods of not pooping
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom