Stuck shed/Lethargy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennyyratt

I've been here a few times but I'm so worried about my buddy when any little thing happens.

My baby, on top of possibly hurting his foot is now worrying me by being rather lethargic but still active. I cannot tell if he is just getting used to my hands now or if he's just super stressed... On top of that he has a weird greyish spot on his head that looks like shed, but I wanted to have some observations and advice from others.

109146-2729030331.jpg

109146-4622916644.jpg

Faith331

That grey dull area looks exactly like my beardie did when he was shedding his head about a week ago, and that *could* absolutely explain the behaviors you talked about. Some beardies get anti social/grumpy while shedding and lethargic. He may also have a reduced appetite.

Once he starts shedding, if he's having trouble, you can try to get the humidity in his tank up a little bit. I've seen people suggest as high as 40% humidity, but a high humidity enclosure can risk respirator problems, so I try to stay around 30% max. You can also give him daily baths where you dribble water on the spot (but not in his eyes or ears), and/or get reptile shedding aid.

It's super important that you don't force the dead skin off too soon, so be gentle with it and patient. Also, don't be surprised if the skin stays dull and grey for a while before he starts to actually shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom