My Dragon Won't Eat, Very Weak and Very Thin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethdmoore

I had to leave for a few days so asked my son to take care of Ki for me. She was brumating so I told him she probably wouldn't come out and eat but to keep some fresh greens in case she did. When I got home two nights ago she was on her basking wood, but 1/2 way off so I put her all the way on it and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning she had fallen down and was upside down on her back. I thought she was dead because she wasn't moving AT ALL and looked very thin. I picked her up and saw she was alive. I soaked her in some warm water and at first she could barely keep her head out of the water but then she seemed to revive and drank some water and even had a small bowel movement. But she is still crazy lethargic and sleeps all the time and won't eat anything. I have never seen her so thin and so I'm very worried about her. What can I do. I live in a very small town and nearest exotic pet vet is HOURS away! :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your girl is not doing well. Let's try to review your tank setup & eating schedule,
to see what could be going on.
How old is she? Do you have pictures of your tank setup, along with a picture or two of her?
Was she thin before you had your son take care of her for you, or having any issues?
It is hard to know exactly what is going on, but, until we learn more about the tank setup &
nutrition, I will recommend trying to get some chicken or turkey baby food, along with some
squash or sweet potato baby food to get into her. Just mix a little bit of those together, with
some calcium powder & maybe some blended greens. Using a plastic dropper or syringe,
try to drip some onto her nose to get some nutrition into her.
Please provide the type/brand of UVB light, temperatures & what you are using to measure
them with, the foods & supplements that you give her as well.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom