Eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeever12

Sorry for the long post in advance...

I have had my boy since December of 2019. He was a great eater.

Later in the year he stopped eating, so naturally I took him to the vet. His fecal was clean. He was extremely anemic and I was given injections of antibiotics and iron to help his anemia. They could not figure out why he was so anemic. He was tested for everything under the sun and it all came back negative.
While on the shots he did great, he was eating and back to his old self for a few weeks. I took him back for his follow up after both medications were completed. No more anemia and the second fecal was clear. Weeks passed and he stopped eating again. Up to this point all he will take is a syringe smoothie I make him. I have tried every staple bug known to the existence, every staple vegetable and other things they can have and he still will not eat anything. He does drink water if I offer. He basks 95% of the day but is relatively lazy. He’s not lethargic at all. This has been going on for months. I’ve tried and tried and he will not eat and the vets aren’t giving me any answers.
His tank husbandry is to a T. He has a 150w basking bulb as his tank is very very large. (It’s custom I built it.) he also had a UVB/UVA light which is a 10.0 T5. He has several hides to choose from, a hammock and things to keep him busy. His substrate is no adhesive shelf liner. He also was getting Repashy calcium before he stopped eating which is another concern.
I’m at my wits end and very frustrated and out of answers.

Please help me. Anything.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Where is the T 5? Top of screen or inside the tank? What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? Is he losing weight ? What bugs have you offered?
Karrie

Skeever12

Original Poster
KarrieRee":12azlmlu said:
Where is the T 5? Top of screen or inside the tank? What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? Is he losing weight ? What bugs have you offered?
Karrie

It’s on top of the tank but it’s cut out with how I custom built my tank so nothing is blocking the light. My basking temps are about 106 on the basking spots and the opposite side is about 75. I’m taking my temps with a digital gauge that stays in the tank. There is a hygrometer on the opposite side but I also have a temp gun that I use to double check behind that. He looks like he’s lost a little weight but doesn’t look unhealthy. He was a little chunky before. I have offered superworms, dubias, silkworms, butter worms, hornworm for a snack and those are usually his favorite. Every staple bug basically.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What is the distance-- it should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor--
Karrie

Skeever12

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ie24tk7 said:
What is the distance-- it should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor--
Karrie

It is about 13 inches.
Is there a way we could message one another? I’m new to this site and don’t know how to notify myself.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Click on the name the profile will come up on left side find PM
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom