Is this Tail rot or normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't appear to be tail rot or infection. Is his tail shedding right now?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is that an indentation about 2 " from the tip ? If so do you know how it happened ? It may be an injury that is the start of a problem so you should soak it in a betadine/water mix and afterwards when it's dry apply neosporin. Can you post a close up picture ?

Cubsfan44

Original Poster
109762-6440890049.jpg
109762-550744888.jpg

He was the very last one at the pet store. It looks like it was damages from a cage. There’s no open wounds and I’m not really sure what next action I should take of how will affect him

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a clearer picture, those marks are usually cause from other small babies biting . They often bite each other's tails + toes, especially if they're hungry. That may not be a problem but just keep an eye on it , especially if the skin gets retained + restricts blood flow. Hopefully he'll be fine, you can post new pics any time you're concerned though.

Cubsfan44

Original Poster
Okay thanks! I wasn’t sure if the lighter color (grayish) leading towards the bottom of the tail was bad or concerning. Other than that he seems healthy and happy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The indentations don't look infected, they have healed up. A lot of them seem to have
those if housed with multiple dragons.
I would keep an eye on it, but it doesn't appear to be infected. The tail has been shedding
though? Their tails can change color when pre shed, or just as they shed each time their
pigmentation may change slightly.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom