Possible tail rot in 2 month old

Brandon372

Beardie name(s)
Nugget
I checked in on my little guy today and noticed his tail is a bit crooked with small segments looking darker then the rest of his tail. I’ve only had him 4 days. should I take him to the vet immediately?
109758-4218923100.jpg

Brandon372

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nugget
KarrieRee":nmp8900h said:
Please post a better pic of the tail closer
Karrie
109758-6966375820.jpg
So after observing him for the day I think he’s just shedding orange substrate- stained skin off of his tale. What do you think?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Brandon, it may be some problem developing there. You can soak it in warm water with betadine [ from drug store] and after it dries you can apply neosorin. Just keep an eye on it while you treat it but find a good reptile vet in case it gets worse. It may be just shed with a slight kink in the tail but you'll know better after it sheds.

Brandon372

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nugget
Hey sorry for not updating earlier, you where correct it was a bit of a problem. We took her to the vet and the poor thing had to get two toes and the end of her tail amputated. Almost 2 years later though and shes big happy and healthy. Although today I did notice something unusal (Thus my return to this forum) if you have the time please check out my latest post and tell me what you think. Thank you - Brandon
Hi Brandon, it may be some problem developing there. You can soak it in warm water with betadine [ from drug store] and after it dries you can apply neosorin. Just keep an eye on it while you treat it but find a good reptile vet in case it gets worse. It may be just shed with a slight kink in the tail but you'll know better after it sheds

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he definitely is going to shed his tail, which looks normal to me. As AHBD suggested,
there are just a couple of little kinks so I would keep an eye on those areas. Antibiotic ointment,
silver gel or raw unpasteurized honey can help if there are some issues that arise.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom