Black scales on chin! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i am thomas my bearded dragon is nearly 1 year old has a clean set up correct light fixtures a primarily basil ,mustard green ,superworm ( 6-7 a day ) and the occasional silk worm and horn worm so wwhat happened is we put her in a outside cage fixture so she can get some sun while me my family and a few friends went to a movie for my birthday on the 9th and when we came back and picked her up she has 2 hard black scales on her chin NOT on her beard but on her chin please help ( and since im typing this on computer i will make a repost on this sub with a picture of her and with that if possible when i send the pic can someone identify her gender since i assume its a girl cause she layed an egg ( i think ) but she has no femoral pores from what i have seen

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Ashly, that could just be some dirt or debris so give her a soak and gently scrub it with a soft toothbrush. It's probably something that will come off. :) BTW , when did she lay the egg and did you take a pic of it ?

AshlyLover

Original Poster
AHBD":3g6xteo0 said:
Hi Ashly, that could just be some dirt or debris so give her a soak and gently scrub it with a soft toothbrush. It's probably something that will come off. :) BTW , when did she lay the egg and did you take a pic of it ?
no ,i dont have a pic of the egg but we tried scrubbing it but nothin happened its as if her scale turned black

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Then she may have scraped it on something. You can apply neosporin or raw unpasteurized honey on it , honey does an amazing job as an antimicrobial and preventing bacteria growth. If you do use honey be 100% sure there are no loose feeder insects in the tank.

AshlyLover

Original Poster
AHBD":tuegrraj said:
Then she may have scraped it on something. You can apply neosporin or raw unpasteurized honey on it , honey does an amazing job as an antimicrobial and preventing bacteria growth. If you do use honey be 100% sure there are no loose feeder insects in the tank.
Okay I will try in the morn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom