Tail Rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akunz1

Attached is a photo of my 9-year-old son's most favorite thing in the world. His bearded dragon. Hoping someone can shed some light here. Max is a 1-year-old bearded dragon who my son's thinks has tail rot. He told us that a couple weeks the very tip of his tail got bent slightly and now this discoloration just started. Can someone please shed some light on whether this is tail rot and if so what we can do to remedy the situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

109739-5614980566.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tip looks like it was pinched somewhat but not bad. You mentioned that the color of
the tail didn't change until after that happened? It could be coincidence hopefully as it
looks like his tail might be getting ready to shed. Does the tail feel stiff or rigid, or is it still
nice & flexible?
It looks like it could be getting ready to shed, possibly.
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

akunz1

Original Poster
Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your feedback and comment. Yes I'm thinking the same it must be a coincidence around shedding. Tell seems to be nice and flexible and appetite is normal. My son says he is acting normal and seems happy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is sometimes hard to tell 100% with those tails & upcoming sheds, but it was looking like
a possibility of a tail shed. That is great it is flexible & not hard/brittle, etc. So, it is just a
coincidence then, thankfully!
The tip should heal up & not cause any issues then.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom