HELP!? Is this yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is fairly young and in overall good health. She is lively and typically has a very good appetite. A month ago, she’s had an a bit of constipation, so for about a week we had given her warm baths and pumpkin almost daily. She is a very messy eater, so after she ate the pumpkin she got a lot on her beard. At first I thought the yellow spots were stained from the pumpkin, but then she shed about three weeks ago, but they remained. Her beard didn’t shed as well as it usually does either, and there are still patches that seem to not be ready to come off even with a warm soak once or twice a week. The yellow pigment really concerns me. Her temps and humidity are normal, she has a tube uvb that covers the side of her enclosure she’s mostly on. She’s in a 40 gal tank with lots of enrichment. She eats a salad and 6-7 crickets a day usually, but recently she has been eating less, but not startlingly less. She’s slightly less active and sleepy, but she still runs and plays with me everyday. What do you think? This bearded dragon is my best friend and I would be devastated if she got sick on my watch.

edit: thanks for the response! i’m glad to hear she’s ok :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks to me like it's just natural yellow coloring along with some waxy skin that is about to shed. I don't see damaged or wounded looking scales that would indicate a problem. Look out for areas that start to look like scabs or wounds. I don't see any cause for concern based on those photos.

carabellalulu

Original Poster
Claudiusx":3nhgqoo5 said:
Not yellow fungus :)

-Brandon

Thanks so much for the feedback! I’m still a little concerned because the area where it’s yellow looks a bit rough and cracked, I would assume it’s shed waiting to come off but still :( I really hope everything’s good though!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
carabellalulu":9zsfg9ju said:
Claudiusx":9zsfg9ju said:

-Brandon

Thanks so much for the feedback! I’m still a little concerned because the area where it’s yellow looks a bit rough and cracked, I would assume it’s shed waiting to come off but still :( I really hope everything’s good though!
Don't worry, YF looks MUCH different than that. There is no doubt when it's yellow fungus, you'll know.

-Brandon

carabellalulu

Original Poster
Claudiusx":1upivkda said:
carabellalulu":1upivkda said:
Claudiusx":1upivkda said:

-Brandon

Don't worry, YF looks MUCH different than that. There is no doubt when it's yellow fungus, you'll know.

-Brandon

Well that makes me feel so much better! Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom