7mth healthy to wobbly and slow overnight no body change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

[ximg]109077 47
109077-2708044220.jpg
69567363[/ximg]
109077-6993881534.jpg
. Hi all.. Been a while as my beardie settled really well... She's eating.. Exploring and doing all the good stuff.. Woke up this morning and saw her wobble and clamber to her rock and couldnt even make it up...

Pics are her 2 days ago venturing as normal and then this morning under basking
109077-1202917518.jpg

Gave her warm bath to get temp up and no real resistance (like normal)...

I've fed her a few locusts and that seemed to have perked her up slightly...

The only difference between all other days and yestersay is the addition of her eating probably 30 calci worms... She usually refuses then.. But gorged yestersay instead of locusts.

Am assuming either overdose on calcium (as I dust the locusts)... Aside that temps look fine 29/42 surface . Humidity fine 28%... I use 2 prob. Monitors and laser surface gun, t5 bulb and ceramic heat if needed overnight with 50watt repti bulb

Only other thing is she looked like she's shedding a week ago but skin now back to normal colour, so no shed happened any thoughts

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks healthy. The unsteadiness is a recent thing for her? I doubt it is a calcium over
dose. Are you giving calcium without D3 since you are using a T5 tube bulb? Which brand
are you using, the Arcadia D3 12% or the Reptisun 10?
I noticed that you mentioned locusts so are you in the UK or Australia? How often do you
give calcium?
The tank looks very nice & spacious for her. Has she black bearded any?

Tracie

Splreece

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply... Yep in UK, its the arcadia d3 12% dust generally every meal with calci and balancer in a tub.. Shake and present.... But generally a day a week is without dust....

Unsteadiness is definitely unusual.. Has only happened this morning..... And its visible sluggish and unstable.. Almost weak rather than unhappy or lazy type of movment.... Bulb still seems good and since yesterday she was bounding about exploring the house am assuming it's not uv failure. Ohh and only attempted a black beard once put in bath.. But just a tickle of black.. Not a full angry black.. She seems weary of what I was doing... But understandble if she not happy..

Drache613":jkz2vzyr said:
Hello,

She looks healthy. The unsteadiness is a recent thing for her? I doubt it is a calcium over
dose. Are you giving calcium without D3 since you are using a T5 tube bulb? Which brand
are you using, the Arcadia D3 12% or the Reptisun 10?
I noticed that you mentioned locusts so are you in the UK or Australia? How often do you
give calcium?
The tank looks very nice & spacious for her. Has she black bearded any?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is it at all possible that you left the CHE on accidentally during the day while her regular heat bulb was on ? That could cause a heat stroke which could cause such symptoms. Another possibility, could she have licked something on the floor that was toxic ? If her symptoms persist you might want to consult a qualified reptile vet , one with good reviews for a blood test.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today? I hope she is improving.
I agree, heat stroke or severe dehydration can cause this type of behavior also.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom