Brownish around mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
109426-2370706331.jpg

Hi I'm still kind of new to having a bearded dragon so I may be over reacting or thinking this but shes about 5 months old and has a brown crust around her mouth for some reason her head never shed so I don't know if this is related? Can anyone can tell me if this is normal or part of shedding?

Thank you so much in advance!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is not shed-- what is she eating? Have you tried washing it off- possible food stains- also go over your lighting please uvb brand and bulb coil or tube please
Karrie

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
I've been feeding her crickets mainly, she wouldn't eat vegetables for a while so I bought flukers buffet blend veggie variety she seems to like the peas in it. I do have a ceramic heat emitter I bought at petco as well as a reptisun or zoomed dual uva ubv light I bought at a reptile show.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The ceramic heat emitter is good for nite time temps falling below 65--- not good for basking temps- the UVB is a coil? Is it in a dome? If its a dome please replace and get this the coil UVB's are inadequate!! Look for this fixture currently they are out of stock you want a 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html this fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb it could be used as a back up distance and placement would be different from the bulb I am going to post
You would need this bulb https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb --- please get this replaced ASAP if your using a coil---- you can try your petstores most do not carry the fixture length -- I am thinking the buffet blend stuff your feeding is the stains around her mouth --- please get rid of that stuff she needs fresh salads every day here is a nutrition website
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder- I would also get her some BSFL to add to the top of those salads -- and switch her over to dubia roaches -- better health wise and easier to keep than crickets and they dont chirp so stink-- you would need a 10 gallon aquarium and feed dubia food along w/ carrots / squash for hydration - just dont feed the dragon carrots too to much Vit A-- I can give you websites for worms / insects you will need a ceramic / glass bowl so they can get out of
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No you need to replace the coil--- the basking light is good as long as your getting correct basking temps and your getting them w/ a digital probe thermometer- No stick ons they are inaccurate-- you want a fixture w/ reflector-- a 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank--- and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 for tanks 18" high-- you need to get this ASAP--- if you need help finding it let me kniw- check your local.pet stores but most only carry the 18-20" fixtures which would be a T 8
Karrie

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
My tank right now is a 29 gallon tall because she's so small should so the reptisun 10.0 t 5 would be best than right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes-- that is what you want that fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb--- how tall is the tank? I am thinking your going to need to order a 10.0 bulb if it's 18" or taller measure the height please and let me know
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so yes get this fixture and this bulb Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb 22" --
This fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it - it can be used as a back up its considered a T 8 and distance and placement would be different from the T 5-- when you get the fixture please let me know so we can help you get it set up --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I don't think it is shed, either. How long has it been there? What are the temperatures
you are keeping her at?
I hope that it isn't a mouth infection. Have you looked inside of her mouth to see what her gums
look like?
For now, you can get some raw, unpasteurized honey to put on the area, in case it is a mouth
infection of some type.
As suggested, a digital probe or temp gun are the best ways to measure the temperatures.
Let us know which UVB light you get also.

Tracie

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
I did buy a new light for her 40 gallon tank I just ordered and need to pick up I should have both in a day or 2

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
It's been about a month or 2
Usually about 80-90 during the day and it drops to 65-75 during overnight
I'm afraid of hurting her so I'm trying to figure out how to get her to open her mouth.
I bought the zoo med repti sun t5 HO high output reptile terrarium hood
I attached another picture of her mouth
109426-8262840761.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a good pic of her entire set up ? And has she eaten anything that would cause that stain ? Post a close up of her mouth, if this is a sore or some type of trauma it is serious but it's good to rule out anything that might have stained it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom