Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melaniec

109599-8198997900.jpg
His tail turned black seemingly overnight. He hasn't really had a problem eating at all, he's very active, but he hasn't pooped in 2 days. Is this tail rot? Should I get him to the vets?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Melanie, lots of beardie's tails turn black, it's usually just color . Still, post a couple more pics with him on a solid color surface for comparison, a little bit closer.

Melaniec

Original Poster
109599-8997718468.jpg
Since last night it's gotten lighter and darker again. He's shedding his tail a little bit too, and he can move it around fine

saraho

Hatchling Member
I'm not an expert, but is it possible he just has darker coloring on his tail? Charlie's tail is dark, and has been since he was hatched. He's 2 years old so I guess it's normal for him.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah that just looks like a naturally darkened area, lots of beardies have tails that turn dark at times. If you watch the tip, that's where trauma can start due to tiny nip from a cagemate or retained [ tight ] shed. But as of now yours looks O.K. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom