Strange Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCaids

Hello, I just got done giving my beardie a bath, I noticed he was drinking a whole lot of his bath water at first. after he pooped I put him back in his terrarium and started breathing heavily, moving around a lot. I gave him a fresh dish of water in case he wanted to drink more or get in more water.

I should also note that I've had problems with his stool before (to soft, like goop basically) so I took him to the vet and no parasites but they did have me change up his diet a bit, could it be that he's just not used to solid poops and he's a bit wigged out by it?

EDIT: Also I've checked for all the normal symptoms of dehydration and he seems fine in that aspect.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like he drank too much water and may have aspirated-- place him under his basking lights and watch him - he should be fine but keep an eye on him --- next time in the bath dont let him drink so fast or so much at one time ---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They are notorious for drinking too much or too fast while in a bath.
You can keep him a little warmer overnight, around 75-80 to help boost his immune system
& be sure his basking temperatures are optimal as well.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom