Please Help what is this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like your dragon was attacked, or fell hard and landed on her head. Do any of those scenarios make sense?

Did this just show up out of no where? We need details on what happened.

-Brandon

TLoring

Original Poster
she has not been attacked or fallen. I am at a loss for how this might have happened, I do not have a vet anywhere near me to take her to its about a 4 hour drive to one.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor girl, is there anywhere that she might have tried to squeeze her head through that could make those marks ? Post a couple of pics of the tank showing the entire set up. For now get some raw unpasteurized honey on it or neosporin. What type of insects do you feed her ? Be 100 % sure there are no insects hiding anywhere in the tank. If you use Neosporin, use a Q-tip and be careful not to get it in the eyes. Honey would be better near the eyes though.

TLoring

Original Poster
109696-9899724209.jpg
I just put some honey on the area. Diet she Hates veggies! Have to almost force feed her those. She eats meal worms 90% of the time with various other treats. No crickets and nothing is left in the enclosure . Multi vitamin and calcium supplements every other week. Baths every 2 weeks. Lots of social time and out of the cage time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The set up looks good. How many watts is the heat bulb and how close is she to it , possibly getting burned ? Another thought, is it possible that she went through the bottom of her fake log and tried to squeeze her head through the narrow part ? It looks like she has some type of wound/infection on her face.

TLoring

Original Poster
Yes I’m thinking an infection or something like that. I can’t see her crawling in her log as she hasn’t done that since she was a baby. She likes her cave and if left alone she would stay in there all day and never come out. ( we remove the cave most of the day) She has always been like that since day one. She has never been one to bask either. Lights are a reptisun 10 T8 linear for overall light. Power sun 160 at the basking area and a ceramic infrared to keep the temperature up in the enclosure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A 160 watt bulb could burn him from as close as he is in the picture. Keep applying the honey and move the bulb back at least another 7-8 " or try a lower watt bulb.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I agree, I didn't think it was a burn from the first picture but the new ones definitely make it seem that way.

I noticed the stick on thermometer at the front of the tank, do you have another thermometer you use to measure temps?

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have to agree, that is most likely a burn. The 160 watt Powersun is probably getting too
hot at that distance.
We recommend using either a digital probe or a temp gun to measure basking spots, etc
or a combination of them both for the most accurate readings.
Definitely continue to use the raw, unpasteurized honey to help with the burn & hopefully
the infection will clear up soon as well.

Tracie

TLoring

Original Poster
109696-702512693.jpg
109696-5798794078.jpg
109696-9663872639.jpg
tonights bath and pictures. To answer the basking question we do use a laser temp gun. I don’t know why it didn’t reply yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom