Sick Beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red10484

Help! My beardie is black and struggling to breathe. He was literally fine this morning. I don't have the means for a vet right now. Covid has a previously fine family struggling right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your dragon is in distress--- please post pics of him and you can post a video on youtube of him breathing - post the link in the message box -- in the meantime what are his basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons --- and your UVB brand and bulb? NO coils -- what is the humidity in the tank
Karrie

red10484

Original Poster
Im not sure how to take a pic on here. Im very aware he is in distress. I called the only emergency clinic in my town and they wont see him. His temps are 101( I bumped them up a little). His humidity is 30%. I have an infra red temp gun for temps and a digital thermometer. He had a t5 HO uv its long. I have been googling all afternoon. I have him propped in his viv so his head is facing downward at 10/15 degree angle. I did try a warm bath and he didnt scurry about. He is completely black bearded and his belly is slightly black as well. Our regular vet hasnt returned my call. Please is there anything else I can do?? Do you have facebook?? Could we link there? I can send pics and video

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
try this website for a reptile vet http://www.arav.org
Why do you have him at a angle did he aspirate water ? Post a video of him on youtube take the link from you tube and post here in the message box --- we need Tracie or AHBD to see it and have them help here -- your UVB should be 12-15 inches in the tank directly above the basking decor piece -- he really needs to go in ---- asap---- please use the vet address I posted and see if you can find someone else -- your vet should of taken him in right away --- is there mucous coming out the nose and mouth ?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom