Juvenile freaked out and “played dead” Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiksmaster

Hi. We have 5 month old beardie. Shes been great. Excellent appetite. Twice a day. Maybe 30-40 crickets total plus veggies. Poops every day. Bath everyday. Yesterday she freaked in bath and then turned black and went limp in cage. I thought she was dead and then slowly she came back after 90 mins. She then ate a bunch of crickets. Then basked. Then glass surfed. Then basked and surfed. Repeat. The glass surfing is new. This morning she was sleeping under the newspaper. And then this afternoon she was under the paper again. Poops seem a little loose. She is very skiddish. Tonight i decided to feed her more. She chowed 50 crickets and turned her beautiful yellow. Now she is basking and gapping but skin has darkened along with some of her beard. But my daughter says color seems normal. Any thoughts? Is she maybe stressed because she is hungry? 30-40 crickets a day not enough? Thanks. Oh yeah uvb Lights and heat are perfect in 35 gal tank. 105 deg basking area and cool area of tank

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she appeared to bounce back and had something to eat. As mentioned she may have aspirated water in the bath or maybe just got stressed by it. I would try holding off on baths for a while and see how her behavior goes. The baths aren't necessary unless they get soiled so it won't be harmful not to bathe her, and reducing stress is likely to be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom