Swallowed a small rubber band! NEED HELP ASAP

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Swallowed a small rubber band! NEED HELP ASAP

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:49 am

Just a few minutes ago Phoenix was running around with me watching her and she had noticed a small rubber band on the floor that apparently I didn’t notice, and she immediately ate it. I noticed her chewing and making a weird noise when I noticed the band in her mouth and picked her up to try and quickly pull it out before she could swallow, but unfortunately it didn’t work and I just ended up getting bit.

I’m slightly freaking out, I got a library card and tried to pry open her mouth gently to look in and see the band but it was hard to do as she just flipped around and hissed at me. And I can’t really feel it in her beard.

I have zero clue what to do, I need help. Do we need to bring her to the vet??? Does the vet need to surgically remove it or do you think she could just pass it through? It was no bigger than a nickel in diameter.

I’d love to take her to the vet, but I do not know if I could, as my family is currently down with the ‘rona and can’t go anywhere at all. So what could we do??

I’m really worried, she seems to be acting normally but I don’t want my baby Phoenix to get hurt internally. :cry: I would greatly appreciate ANY help at all!!

This is her, taken a few minutes before she ate it. :(
[Click image to enlarge]
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Swallowed a small rubber band! NEED HELP ASAP

Postby Claudiusx » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:52 am

Absolutely no problem at all, don't worry about it!

I promise you she's eaten bigger bugs than that.. haha.

It will pass right through her.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:56 am

Oh thank heavens, I figured that but I was really worried thinking it would get lodged or wrapped around in her intestines or something.

Thank you so much, I was really worried there for a second. I’ll still keep a close eye on her and monitor her poops for the next few days.

I’ll keep you posted.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby AHBD » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:29 pm

I agree, just feed her as usual but not TOO much and not large insects. The food will encompass the rubber band + should help move it right through.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Alright, will do. Thank you!
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER