HELP! Beardy is lethargic has tan (hummus like) stool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymom120

My bearded dragon is almost 5 years old. She laid a clutch of eggs last week and was fine until today. I fed her 5 super worms and 2 horned worms last night. Last night before going to bed her stomach looked puffy and it looked like she was trying to lay another egg. I watched her for about 10 mins and her stomach went down so I turned her light off and went to bed. This morning when I woke up I saw she had pooped in the same spot she was in last night when I turned her light off. The poop wasn’t normal, it looked like hummus same color and consistency. I made her a fresh salad with greens, grapes, and blueberries... and tried feeding her a few super worms but she wasn’t interested. I put them in a bowl in her cage and went to work. She normally devours the veggies and fruits when I leave them.. but she didn’t touch them.. the super worms were also untouched. She is acting very lethargic and I’m extremely concerned. I held her and cuddled her tonight for about an hour. I put her back in her cage, she climbed up on her “chair” and hasn’t moved since... I plan on taking her to the vet when I get off of work tomorrow just wanted to post on here and see if this has ever happened to anyone and if you could give me advice. Thank you in advance!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh so sorry your girl seems to be having trouble. How many eggs did she lay?
Is her beard black or normal color?
There is a possibility of her still having eggs to lay & she could be egg bound, or maybe
one partially ruptured internally. Since she is acting off & not eating, I definitely agree with
getting her into the vets.
Which UVB are you using & are you giving her extra calcium right now?
Do you have any pictures of her you could post, along with her tank setup?
For now, keep her a little warmer overnight, around 75-80 to help out her system since she
doesn't seem to be feeling very well.

Let us know how the vet visit goes & how she is doing.

Tracie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Weird poop is normal during egg laying because hormones cause big changes. The fact that you said she’s lethargic is probably not a good sign, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom