My beardie fell and im very concerned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanboy

My beardie fell off my couch. Its not a large drop but I believe she smacked her head. Her frill was somewhat black and after calming her down, she had somewhat of a diarrhea like poop in her cage. I did not see any blood in her mouth or stool, as well as poop, but I'm concerned. She's ignoring food and running about. She also rubs her frill on things. Im really concerned she hurt herself. How can i tell if shes seriously injured or not?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did your dragon land on carpet or a hard wood or tile floor?
Do you have a Frilled dragon or a Bearded dragon? The only way you can really determine
whether or not she is injured is to monitor her behavior for the next day or two. If you don't
see any blood from an external injury, then watch for blood in her stool, marked lethargy,
loss of appetite, inability to move, etc. If she starts to change her behavior too much & is
not herself at all it would be a good idea to take her in to make sure she didn't injure her head
or something of that matter.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom