Droopy bottom eyelid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonDemigod

I am starting to get concerned about my beardie’s bottom eye lid. I noticed it started hanging down/drooping about a month ago and it has progressively worsened. He’s still very active, eats all of his worms and veggies, drinks water and gets weekly soaks/baths. I am wondering when I should be concerned enough to take him to the vet, or if this is a genetic thing he inherited (I read online that that’s a thing). He will be 1 year old in December.

109522-1359369671.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It can be a genetic trait and not an issue. It may also indicate kidney issues. If he is otherwise active and eating well, behaving normally etc, I'd just monitor his behavior for now. Look at his urate for color or consistency changes (especially blue tint). When you can schedule a wellness visit with the vet, it may be a good idea to have a blood test done to check how his systems are functioning.

Mini

Hey guys, recently my Male bearded dragon has recovered from a parasite, had a check up and systems all clear. He's behaving perfectly fine, eating well and always active. But I've noticed he's got a droopy bottom eye lid on both eyes and I'm really worried. Please can someone help ?

109987-664179568.jpg

109987-6767640849.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom