Vomit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
I've been gone for about a week. My parents are taking care of Ranger. My dad has been feeding him Super worms and my mom has been feeding him his Greens Trio. He is currently Shedding like crazy... So that's good. He's eating and pooping regularly so that's also good. He has a water dish he likes to dip his feet in or stick his face in to blow bubbles. Sometimes if his veggies dry out he will use the water dish and dip them in the water to rehydrate them (He's wicked smart).

Now I KNOW Lizards don't have the ability to regurgitate. But my mother just told me my dad fed him some worms and water poured out of his mouth when he went to get the worm. WTH I wasn't there y'all so I'm not 100% sure what happened. But has anyone ever had that happen? She says he's also rather skinny. He eats veggies and supers only. I try to keep him away from fatty foods... so wax worms he gets maybe 2 once every 6 months or so ( I swipe them from my sisters leopard gecko :lol: ).

But what HAPPENED!???! Has anyone experienced this??
idk how much water but it was enough to notice.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Actually beardies can vomit, they will do so at times if they've eaten insects that are too large or if it's not warm enough in the basking area [ at least 100 F ] to digest food. Or it might happen if they take in too much water too quickly, usually while being bathed/soaked. I'd take the water bowl out just in case. Can you post any pics of Ranger and his set up ? Do you know the temps. in his tank ? When will you be back to care for him ?

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had no idea they could vomit. His set up is exactly as Admins advised. His Basking light is new as well. I just came home yesterday to check on him. He seemed fine.. his tank was full of healthy stool. And his water dish was empty. I think it's possible he may have had some water and my dad decided to over feed him. He also has completely shed... I had to clean his tank out. I think he's good for another few days.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, sounds like he's fine. They usually get over it within a day or so. When they vomit food they sling their head back + forth and literally throw everything out, often scattering the pieces around them.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":ym22n830 said:
O.K, sounds like he's fine. They usually get over it within a day or so. When they vomit food they sling their head back + forth and literally throw everything out, often scattering the pieces around them.

Yeah that was not described....... perhaps it wasn't vomit after all. They said he opened his mouth and water dripped out into a puddle while aiming for his worm.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't sound like he threw up. They can have extra saliva when they eat, that is perfectly
normal. Be sure that they are not over feeding though.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom