Beardie acting weird SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my 6 year old bearded dragon, nubs is acting so weird and it is freaking me out! She has been acting odd; such as, after bathing her (i dont know if this is why or if it started before) she would a grumpy look on her face. She is acting active one day then acting like a bump on a log the next. She is eating one day then no interest the next day and I’m pretty sure she threw up some worms I gave her this morning. I buy super worms from Petco (maybe they were contaminated or something) however, she is acting weird as all get out. I’ve fed her baby food with a syringe, she ate some. Anyway please help me out if you can, as you all know beardie parents get worried when they start acting odd and not themselves.
Also, if you would like please read my previous posts about her . She is one tough lizard.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can definitely cause us a lot of worry & grief!
She is at a great age. Can you review your tank setup a little bit with us, such as
the type/brand of UVB, etc for us.
Has she ever laid any eggs before?
How many worms did you give her at one time? Even though she is an adult, they can still
get an upset tummy if they ingest too much food or too much fat, & throw up. Did you feed
her too late in the day for her to digest before her lights went out?

Tracie

Skylarson222

Original Poster
Tracie,

She has layed eggs before, about 2 months ago. She has a reprisun 10.0 UVB that is about 14 inches away from her. I did give her about 5 worms at one time but usually I do that and she threw these up... never has she done that. Which makes me think maybe I got bad worms from the store. I fed her at about 6:55 am, and got home around 8pm and she had throw up in a little pile but it was just worms. No saliva or fluid with it.
She has 100w basking lights (2) tank temp is about 105/110 the cooler side is about 85. She sleeps with me on a heating pad every night, since I’ve gotten her. I haven’t changed her tank layout so I don’t think it’s stress for anything in the tank, besides waiting a few hours to clean up her poop... maybe that for her sick, or upset her tummy? I’m not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom