?RI and can't find a vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laffdragon

Hello! I have a 3 month old beardie and I am worried that he is developing a respiratory infection. Over the last 24 hours I have seen increased work of breathing, retractions, beard puffing with breathing and opening mouth to breathe. No mucous from mouth or nose. Basking temps are 105-108. Humidity at 45% most of the time. Only drops to 65% at night. Ate ok today but less than normal and moving around normally. I am having trouble finding a vet close to me. The few that I have found won't accept a new patient due to COVID restrictions. Please help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry you are not able to get him to a vet right now. Covid scam has completely ruined the
economy.
For now, I would keep him a little warmer overnight, around 75-80, using a ceramic heat
emitter or a heating pad set on low with a towel in between him & the heating pad. If possible,
try to get the humidity a little lower using a dehumidifier to help.
Since you are not seeing any mucous yet, you may be able to stave it off by increasing the
overnight temperatures & lowering the humidity. You could add in some bee pollen to help with
his immune system, too.
Which UVB light are you using?

Tracie

Laffdragon

Original Poster
Hi Tracie- I have a UVB T5HO tube light and a 150w basking light. This morning he still has the labored breathing but still no mucus seen. I will get some bee pollen today to give him. I've seen some things online about a serrapeptase slurrie to help with respiratory infections. Ever heard of this?

Thanks
Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom