Help! Baby has eye problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlyv

Hi everyone,

I am a new bearded dragon mom. I’ve had Irene for about a week and a half. She has been eating lots and seems to be adjusting and adapting well and looking more and more comfortable every day. Yesterday I noticed her shedding a lot which I didn’t think anything of it because it’s normal. However today I noticed she can’t open one eye. It almost looks like she’s sleeping. Her legs are completely shut. It almost could look like she has a piece of shedding in her eye. Is that normal? Petsmart said to put a warm compress on her eye but she is still getting used to me and still a little bit skittish so I don’t know how that would work… She ate all her crickets today so nothing out of the normal.

How can I help her?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, probably got a piece of shed in there which may work itself out but you can get plain saline to gently try to wash it out.

Karlyv

Original Poster
AHBD":1ospwogd said:
Hi there, probably got a piece of shed in there which may work itself out but you can get plain saline to gently try to wash it out.

Thank you! That’s what I was wondering. How long is it not a to be in there? I did try saline but she didn’t like it. It’s probably been in there for 4 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom