Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3xi

I’ve had my baby for about 5 months and she has crust around her mouth every morning first it was yellow/clear now it’s pink/red kinda looks like she has lips or as if her scales are pealed off :( I took her to the vet they wanna run a test on her for adenovirus but she doesn’t have any symptoms of that virus when I looked it up. They said if she didn’t have that then they would know what to do next and what other treatments I should pay for and more visits. All this when I jus got her and this is my first time owning a dragon . Smh.. idk how to help her it’s makes me so upset. Ilove her so much.
109103-9359119231.jpg
109103-3565761461.jpg
109103-5271391598.jpg
109103-6030541393.jpg
109103-9387524770.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's not a symptom of ADV so I don't think your vet is up on beardie care. If you ever do want to test for it one of the mods. here [ Drache613] is a vet tech. and works with the lab that tests for ADV and can get it done very low cost for you. So that may be signs of mouth rot or some other irritation. For now get some raw unpasteurized honey like from a health store or beekeeper and dab it on several times a day, that should help. Give a rundown + pics of your tank + lighting too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, I agree, it isn't a symptom of adeno but if you would like to test her for it, I can
help out. You can PM me if you need to.
It looks like she has banged or rubbed her nose on her tank too often & it has gotten bruised
up & somewhat infected. As AHBD suggested, raw, unpasteurized honey is very good for using
to help ward off infections.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Agree this looks like mouth rot; i would definitely follow the advice given here and then perhaps try another vet if the honey doesnt already heal it on its own. She's very cute by the way! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your little one doing today? Have you been able to get some honey onto the affected
area yet?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom