Breathing in and after bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone i need advice or information on my beardie breathing during bath and like 20 min after the bath then goes back to normal. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR LIKE A YEAR. Its like a light wheezing or like trying to clear his lungs from water coming in. I have provided a youtube link where i recorded him after the bath. After like 15-20 minutes his breathing goes back to silent and quiet. Can this possibly be a URI and hes been fine and living with this for over a year and no complications? Please let me know if anyone has heard this before.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Udu5yV5swrY

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did you see him drink any water or submerge his face/nose in the bath? If not, then it is not likely an issue due to water in the lungs. Since it has been happening for a year and his breathing returns to normal I wouldn't worry about it too much. I see many of them breath heavily like that sometimes. Often after meals. I equate it more to a burp than a wheeze though.

mattmarraj

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2jz1dx93 said:
Did you see him drink any water or submerge his face/nose in the bath? If not, then it is not likely an issue due to water in the lungs. Since it has been happening for a year and his breathing returns to normal I wouldn't worry about it too much. I see many of them breath heavily like that sometimes. Often after meals. I equate it more to a burp than a wheeze though.
He does not drink water no. He gets all water from squash and greens and fruits. But yes this has been going on for well over a year. Im not worried about the Heavy breathing but more of the sound like little squell wheezing idk how to describe it. DID U WATCH THE VIDEO AND LISTEN TO THE BREATHing? And it goes away after 15 min

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I did watch the video. It looks like how my guy breathes sometimes after a meal. I'm not entirely sure what causes them to breathe heavily like that at times though. The noise sounds like whistling as air goes out through his nose since he isn't opening his mouth as he exhales.

mattmarraj

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1dpkcwt0 said:
I did watch the video. It looks like how my guy breathes sometimes after a meal. I'm not entirely sure what causes them to breathe heavily like that at times though. The noise sounds like whistling as air goes out through his nose since he isn't opening his mouth as he exhales.
So then i shouldnt worry about a possible URI? Because its been over a year and he does not gap in the shade or outside tank doesnt seem to have any breathing problems. Just this when taking a bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom