STRESS MARKS??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone this morning i am very worried because Toothless has developed stress marks under his beard! I'm not sure if this is bad, considering i just got him on monday and he is still adjusting to his new home? Is there something I should do? he hasn't really left his basking spot since i brought him home, except maybe to eat and when i took him out to bathe him on wednesday. i did just put in a 100W repti basking spot bulb from zoomed...is that enough for a 40 gal tank? My UVB bulb is a Zoomed 5.0 in a T5 fixture...I plan on replacing it with a 10.0 when this one goes out.

109101-9901829585.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That 5.0 is a T 8 it needs to be replaced in 6 months and it needs to be inside the tank approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor-- what are basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

Toothlessbeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2i3hzj6f said:
That 5.0 is a T 8 it needs to be replaced in 6 months and it needs to be inside the tank approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor-- what are basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

the temps are at approx. 104-108 and cool side is 80-84 I have 2 exo terra digital probe thermometers in the tank. I replaced the 100 W bulb with a 150 W intense basking bulb and his stress marks immediately started to fade, when i got home this evening I couldn't see any at all. i think that he wasn't getting enough heat for basking, with the 100W bulb the ma it would sit at was 98 in his basking spot

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So were you mistaking stress marks for marks that were absorbing heat? They will get darker to absorb heat as well --- did you get the UVB situated in the tank ?
Karrie

Toothlessbeard

Original Poster
Yes I did, the bulb is about 7 inches from his basking decor, its right around 104 at the moment. This morning he has started to shed, and the marks have come back, but isn't that pretty normal during shedding? Everything else seems to be normal. He ate about 4 dubia roaches this morning and I have some BSFL coming in this afternoon. Recently he has become a lot more active and leaves his basking spot more often, I think he's finally warming up to his new home.

Thank you for all the help by the way! I tend to overthink things, this whole forum has been a god send for me :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok good --- his stress will subside as he adjust to his surroundings and his eating will also pick up - w/ the good basking temps and the UVB properly placed he will start acting like a normal little beardie- active eating and pooping-- make sure he stays hydrated as well -- w/ him eating salads that will help so rinse them before serving - we just need him to start eating them - add those BSFL to his salad in front of him first thing in the morning that will get his attention to that food bowl
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom