10 wk old. Not eating think I found the reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

109077-9012970295.jpg
Thanks for all your help on the forum.. We whittled out everything husbandry wise.. This morning I've noticed tail and legs are all lighter than body.... Seems like a huge shed is coming..... Hope that this is it.. Averaging 1 to 3 worm a day ove rthe last 10 days was a worry

Splreece

Original Poster
Today is 2 worms one around 10 am and 1 around 12noon

I've offered all main feeders Inc calci, crickets, dubia, salad, fruit, baby food, water, locusts... And she's not taking anything

I've just seen a new behaviour.. She has basked a lot last 2 days and has jumped up really high with mouth open slightly

109077-822689343.jpg

She seems to be surfing the back wall scratching which hasn't done before either...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you get a better pic of her -- I went back and reread all your post and set up -- so you have everything set up for lights and basking temps seem good - how long have you had her now? They often will surf the walls - mine did it too - its them exploring the tank if everything is good as far as temps etc of which we have gone over -- the mouth open is her gaping and adjusting body temp also known as thermoglating -- where are you feeding her? Are you still using the plastic tub? If not I would try feeding her in that again and see if she will go for the dubias -- Shedding will slow their intake down of the food - it does effect their appetite
Karrie

Splreece

Original Poster
KarrieRee":105p40ls said:
Can you get a better pic of her -- I went back and reread all your post and set up -- so you have everything set up for lights and basking temps seem good - how long have you had her now? They often will surf the walls - mine did it too - its them exploring the tank if everything is good as far as temps etc of which we have gone over -- the mouth open is her gaping and adjusting body temp also known as thermoglating -- where are you feeding her? Are you still using the plastic tub? If not I would try feeding her in that again and see if she will go for the dubias -- Shedding will slow their intake down of the food - it does effect their appetite
Karrie

Thanks Karrie.. Had her 11 days now... Yeah I got a colony of dubia this morning so going to tey the feeding tub again.... I am at vets this afternoon for general checkup.. I dont want to stress her out but definitely has gone from comfy to almost frightened when I open viv door... So jus want to be 200 % sure on her health... The eating and gaping high up I am hoping is just cos of all the moving around I've been doing and she's getting used to new setup. She was gaping high up around n hr so assume over heating rather than an infection...
109077-2472438552.jpg
.. Hope the vet can clear up..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She needs to adjust - we dont recommend taking them to the vet so soon after you get them -- its just more stress unless its absolutely necessary for vet visit--- she will start eating 11 days is not really that long -- unless you really need to take her to the vet I would cancel it --- let her adjust to her surroundings and settle in --- got to give her time - less handling more trying to get her used to your hand in the tank --- try hand feeding her -- she needs to learn to trust you -- hold for only a few minutes at a time in the tank -- talk to her --- she will come around but its going to take time and patience
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom