Coral hurt her leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Coral started not using her front legit looks like it may be dislocated unfortunately none of the veterinarians that I would usually go and see are open right now I am looking for alternatives. I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do. She is very young and not very handle

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Some additional information she was acting perfectly fine whenever we went to sleep but whenever we woke up this morning she started holding her front leg on the right side back she can move it around but she's not really using it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you know how she hurt it ? It would be helpful to post a pic of her and maybe a video on youtube then post the link in the message box -- Tracie or AHBD would need to see it then maybe they can help better
Karrie

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately I don't know how she hurt her leg she was perfectly fine whenever we all went to sleep so it had to have been something shortly before her lights went out on the timer or during the nightmotion is starting to go back to it I'm trying to find a doctor that will actually see her. I've never had trouble with veterinarians before so I guess it has to do with this covid

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you can post a video of her walking Tracie or AHBD can look and see possible what is going on-- does she have a hammock in her tank?
Karrie

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I managed to get her in to see veterinarian at my old work it would think working at a place for 15 years would help out I'll update everybody whenever I know something else.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not uncommon for them to sprain their leg and they heal on their own almost every time. Do you have a hammock ? If so get it out, that's a big cause of sprains because the nail gets snagged. Can you post a few pics of the tank ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
There is no hammock and it I have my bioactive setup like I do for my other two bearded dragon Spike and shenron and I've never had an issue with it. do you think it should still be necessary to take her to the emergency room or to see if it gets better a day or two and take her after that I can't get in until after 7 p.m. my time think I'm mostly concerned about she can move it around she just doesn't move it forward and she's not putting weight on it but like I said before absolutely no issues has ever happened before.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And I do apologize for not posting photos I do have some on some of my other posebut I took some of the wood I had added some recently and I think she got her leg on one of them or was just climbing around on it

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm sure she'll recover without a vet but it would be good to post pics when you can so we can see if there's a potential area that could have caused her injury.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
102593-7252669325.jpg
102593-7332251235.jpg
these are the best photos I can put right now the power just went out so ignore the lights being off the coral has been holding her leg in that position since we woke up and when she moves around she tries to keep it in that position but she can move it pretty well forward.I gave her a warm bath and she was moving it around pretty good in the water.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also she doesn't really go underneath the Rock usually it's just on top of it. But it is not a free-standing rock it is actually several rocks that I have fix together how to make a underground cave.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep it looks like its sore- if shes moving it good in the water I would keep bathing her then so she can get motion back in it and that therapy may help her --- shes probably sprained it jumping off of something in the tank and landed wrong -- that is a theory
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like a very slight strain that's doing better already, it shouldn't be a problem or require a vet visit. Coral probably got it stuck briefly somewhere , maybe digging under something so be 100% sure that a rock or heavy piece of wood can't shift if she digs. As long as your lights [ proper uvb ] are all good then she should recover quickly. Nice set up . :)

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well here's a quick update and I will update until she is 100% better she's no longer holding and then the neutral position all the way back she has it in a more forward position she still tries to keep her weight off of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom