Yellow fungus or???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am a new dragon owner and I was given my baby for christmas without much time to prepare or research, Banjo is seven months old, and by the looks of it a female but im unsure. To be fully honest and transparent their husbandry sucks, bonjo is around 15 inches stuck in a 20 gallon that came with those sketchy starter kits. I recently earned enough money to give them a 120 gallon zen habitats tank (to give them enough room to grow and entertain themselves for when I inevitably have to go back to school), which i plan on ordering soon. Since the husbandry is not up to standard, I take them out frequently so they can get some physical activity. They have been eating and pooping normal (about every other day)and i bathe them as well as clean their tank weekly with a vinegar and water solution (though please feel free to suggest any important products). I was originally weary of posting on here in fear of scrutiny, but my baby is more important than my ego. Anyways to the problem: I've noticed some yellow belly scales which I initially shrugged off as normal because they were few and not in a localized area. The yellow scales are still mostly scattered but there are some groupings, they also look a little dry. I tend to think the worst when it comes to my baby's health but better safe than sorry. file:///C:/Users/Kayden/Downloads/IMG-3208.jpg - hopefully this link works I don't know how to upload pictures on here. Any and all criticism is welcome and needed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You have one dragon in a 20 gallon tank? Or you have moved them ? into a Zen? Please post pics of the dragon
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post ---- please go over the set up for the tank esp UVB brand and bulb -- how are you getting basking temps NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

Banjobeardie

Original Poster
sorry for lack of clarification, they are still currently in the 20 gallon.I use a zoo med 75 watt basking lamp and a Fluckers sunglow 10 UVB that I replaced in may. I use a zoomed thermostat that I plug the heat mat into (which I plan on replacing with a CHE), and the ambient temp ranges from low to mid eighties and the basking spot is in the nineties. I'll try to upload that picture ASAP.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like normal coloring to me. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes they have single scales like that which are a different color or appear dryer than the ones around them and it doesn't pose a problem.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would get rid of the heat mat -- dragons heat from their backs not their stomachs --- also your UVB is not really a good one --- I would upgrade that now to a Zoo Med 24" fixture -- it comes w/a 5.0 bulb which will be perfect for the tank hes in now -- but to be honest you need that bigger tank now -- he is way too big to be in it --- you can look here for the fixture https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html I would call them to find out how fast they ship out
That fixture is the one you need for the Zen -- it will go right into it ---
Everyone is pretty much out of stock --- this place I posted is the only one that I know has it for now you can try Amazon
Karrie

Banjobeardie

Original Poster
Thank you guys so much, and I'll get right on ordering that fixture alongside that new enclosure. Banjo thanks you too!
109002-2792198160.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When you get the new tank your gonna want to get the Reptisun 10.0 bulb for the Zen- the 5.0 bulb will need to be approx 6-8 inches from basking decor on the 20 gallon tank--- no obstruction- unless your tank is falling below 65 at nite you do not need a CHE
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom