Something is wrong with his tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
I’ve had Link since Jan of this year and so far everything has been great. He eats well, poops regularly and is pretty active. Today as I was giving him a bath, I noticed a dark spot on his tail. I touched it and he whipped his tail, like he didn’t want me touching it. I don’t know if he hurt it. He hasn’t shed in a while. He’s about 1 year old so I guess his shedding is slowing down? Please can someone look at his tail and tell me if this is normal?

106536-5245153843.jpg

106536-1850619894.jpg

106536-6062407694.jpg

106536-9055218417.jpg

106536-4480159176.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure what that is-- gonna need ahbd to look at it---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

His tail looks pretty normal, except for the small black or darker spot. The end of the tail
looks like he lost a bit of the tip, but has healed up?
I don't think it has been injured but maybe it is sensitive right now, for some reason, maybe
a shed possibly coming?

Tracie

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":20vpjipz said:
Hello,

His tail looks pretty normal, except for the small black or darker spot. The end of the tail
looks like he lost a bit of the tip, but has healed up?
I don't think it has been injured but maybe it is sensitive right now, for some reason, maybe
a shed possibly coming?

Tracie

Hey Tracie!
Thanks for your reply. The end of his tail was like that when I bought him. I’m hoping the spot is not serious. I’ll keep you guys posted if anything changes.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that doesn't look like a problem but always good to keep an eye on it. Link is a good looking lemony boy. :)

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":bprjw2t4 said:
I agree that doesn't look like a problem but always good to keep an eye on it. Link is a good looking lemony boy. :)

Thanks! He’s my fat boy! Lol I touched the spot today and it didn’t bother him.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here’s an update:

I feel like the dark spot has gotten bigger. He had shed around his face and legs but not his tail.

106536-9835133100.jpg

106536-8871026579.jpg

106536-5352912182.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That definitely is worse. You'll need a vet to have a look and it may [ probably ] need amputation. Too bad because it didn't start out bad at all.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":zg9pqrvw said:
That definitely is worse. You'll need a vet to have a look and it may [ probably ] need amputation. Too bad because it didn't start out bad at all.

What can I do for him in the meantime until I can get him to the ER vet?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Soak it in a betadine/water solution. You can use a small jar or cup and dangle his tail in it if he'll sit still with you. Or you can dab it on his tail full strength a couple times a day.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have some good news! Link recently shed most of his body/tail, and the dark spot has completely disappeared. I had been soaking it in betadine solution and applying a triple antibiotic cream until I could get a vet.

106536-4498889460.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom