Beardie’s poop different color and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexgr21

I got my beardie a couple of days ago on Saturday and was doing alright. Eating a lot and pooping normally. Now he just pooped today and it’s a light brown and red color. And he hasn’t had as big of an appetite as before His color has also darkened a little bit compared to when I first got him. And there seems to be a tiny lump at the base of the tail, but I might be imagining it. I don’t know what to do or what’s wrong.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of him the tank and lighting and his poop if you still have it ---
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post -- what are his basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- what size tank and most important what are you using for a UVB? NO COILS!!
Hes going to go thru relocation stress but he should not quit eating all together -- what are you feeding him -- anything red like pellets red peppers strawberries -- ?
Karrie

Lexgr21

Original Poster
Thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it! The temps usually stay at 91F on the hot side and 78F on the cool side, and that’s with these digital thermometers I have. They have these little thermometers I stick inside the tank. The tank is a 20 gallon and the picture are up with the UVB lighting I have for him.

I’m feeding him collard greens, butternut squash, and green peppers right now for veggies. For the insects I was feeding him crickets at first dusted in calcium and multivitamins, but had to switch to mealworms since my pet store ran out of crickets. Bought black soldier larvae a little bit ago online though, so waiting for that! Thank you again!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the UVB coil needs to be replaced w/ this
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html this comes w/a 5.0 bulb it can be used for a back up if you need it but you need this bulb
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
Take the probe and place it on the spot he basks for 10 minutes you want it 105-110-- it is best to offer a gradient heat and it looks like that piece of decor would offer that --
this UVB needs to go inside the tank if the screen is a fine mesh if its wide holed screen it can sit on top but there are different distances involved w/ where it is placed
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so lay off the super worms -- he will get addicted and eat nothing else---- the 20 gallon tank you can use the bulb that comes w/ the fixture I recommended it has a 5.0 bulb that will be perfect for the 20 gallon but when you upgrade that tank to a 40+ of which I recommend a bigger one like 75-120 gallon tank you can use the 24" fixture - it will go right into that next tank --- I would start looking now you can try Craigslist or FB market place and I would look for one/ w front doors --- if you find one there make sure you sanitize it real good w/ Zoo Meds Wipe Out or F 10 a vet disinfectant -- you can find it on Ebay -- its good to have on hand and it last a long time -- here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
also I have websites for worms / insects to get on line --- they are better than your pet stores - if you want them let me know I will post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom