Won’t eat and is jumpy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my bearded dragon hasn’t been eating for me lately, we where giving her about 5-6 super worms a day for a couple moths cause we where trying to grow our roach farm thing, then when the roaches where good for her to eat we took her off the worms and tried to feed her roaches, about 7-10 small ones a day. She just turned a year old so I’m feeding her ounce in the morning and then ounce before bed. She ate the roaches for about a week and now she refuses to eat them. We give her a salad of carrots and dandelion leaves and she eats that perfectly fine. Also she is puffing out at me a lot more and like jumps when I move and stuff. I try to take her out and like calm her down my stroking her back but it takes about an hour for her to calm down. I’ve had her sense she was a month old and i don’t know why she’s like this. Please help, I’m worried about her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can go through behavioral changes here & there but we can review your tank setup
to be sure it is all correct.
Which UVB are you using, a long tube type of bulb or a compact/coil light? What are the
temperatures in the tank currently?
What type of supplementation are you giving?
If you can post some pictures too that would be helpful so we can see the lighting placement
& overall setup, as well as your dragon's condition, too.
Sometimes when they hit puberty, they might become a bit more aggressive perhaps or
hormonal.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
And it also sounds like shes addicted to the super worms -- you may have a hard time getting her to eat the roaches now --- keep offering them but we definitely need to see the lighting or tell us what your using for UVB --- brand and bulb coil or tube ??????????? This is important
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click in the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

ajpollnow18

Original Poster
This is what her take set up is, her temperature is currently 85 degrees but it turned on about an hour ago so it isn’t fully heated up, she normally sleeps in until around 10:30 and I try not to wake her up because I hear that it’s bad. The uvb light is in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom