dark coloration

Status
Not open for further replies.
108910-169918812.jpg
108910-7960655894.jpg
108910-3023565109.jpg

EXTREMELY SCARED. I have a new beardie and im very paranoid. everything he does scares me. He eats really good twice a day but he doesn't really like his veggies. Normal bowel movements usually every morning. For the most part he's very energetic but he does also bask quite a bit. I have a probe thermometer and a stick on neither goes below 95 degrees. He just gets very dark after he eats his second meal of the day and I don't know what it is. Can someone help please ??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Stress marks-- this is normal -- you need to increase your basking temps to 105-110 taken w/ your digital probe thermometer -- the stick ons are giving ambient temp-- what are you using for a UVB? No coils they are inadequate--this is extremely important---- I would recommend getting some BSFL for a salad topper you can get them from here http://www.symtonbsf.com I would also order some butter worms as well -- they are another good worm --- I would look at getting some dubia roaches for him as a staple feeder -- this place has good silk worms and roaches
www.https://reptilianarts.com/ they are out of the bulk silk which is like 50 and those come small the ones in the cup are larger so I would wait on the silks and get some roaches -- you will need to feed them so get some dubia food if your ordering in large amounts I recommend like 200 so you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium or tote and carrots for hydration -- I would order smalls --- the silk worms are also another staple feeder --- you can use your worms to lure him to the bowl along w/ the BSFL add them to his salads in front of him so he sees you do this and it will get his attention - he will slow down on his eating that is normal -- it will take him time to adjust but he should not quit eating all together --- if his UVB is correct NO coils and basking temps are 105-110 taken w/ a probe he will be good - his insects need to be dusted once per feeding w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week once per feeding -- here is a nutrition website ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html if using the super worms only use like 1-3 on his salads
Karrie

Jaylenerose

Original Poster
I have the reptisun 10.0 for uvb right now. I do have the calcium with D3 and without D3. I don't see many people talk about the one without D3 so do I need this one? I use it about 2 times a week. His staple food started off as crickets when my friend brought him to me but I just switched him to Dubai roaches and he absolutely loves them!! Ans thank you for saying the Kale thing ive seen that its not good for bearded dragons and that scared me as well because those are the greens im using right now!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The calcium D3 I would use now 5x per week once per feeding - hang onto your calcium w/ out D3-- when he gets passed a year you can start using it- if you were using an Arcadia D3 bulb then I would say to alternate but you have the Reptisun- so your good- so get your basking temps up and see if his dark coloring goes away--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get temps for basking--- it will be trial and error w/ basking bulbs---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is very cute & has great colors!
Temperatures are very important for their overall health.
How close is the Reptisun 10 to him? The kale is ok as a green to feed regularly. You could
mix in some mustard or collards with it, or arugula, for variety also.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What bulb ? For a T 5 12-15 inches inside the tank --- if your using on top of screen the screen must be wide holed no fine mesh --- if wide holed 8-10 inches on top of screen -- T 8 inside the tank unobstructed w/ a clear plastic cover off the fixture and 6-8 inches from decor piece --- the UVB needs to be directly over head
Karrie

Cazz

How large is your enclosure? How low does your cool side get? They usually darken like that in order to absorb more heat and uv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom