Bearded dragon tail different colors and leg twitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toumi

Hi guys. I'm in a pickle right now. I have a 8 month beardie named waffles and had him for about 3 months. Recently, he has been using his back legs less and less and twitching. Also, the second half of his tail is light and the top half is dark. The light side is squishy while the dark side is hard. Is there any reason why his tail could be lighter then the other half? I feed him super worms, fly larvae and Dubai's with calcium every morning followed by greens at night. He's usually in his tank for half of the day and in the sun for the other half in sun and heat.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he isn't doing so well. Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

When you have him out in the sun, do you have him outdoors or is he getting sun through a window? He may not be getting enough UVB. What do you have in place for a UVB light?

Toumi

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1y3g3bn7 said:
It sounds like he isn't doing so well. Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

When you have him out in the sun, do you have him outdoors or is he getting sun through a window? He may not be getting enough UVB. What do you have in place for a UVB light?
I will once I get home. He is usually outside in the sun pancaking. I have a ZooMed T5 UVB in place.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK the natural sun along with the T5 should be sufficient. How far above the basking area do you have the T5 set up? Is there anything between the light bulb and the basking area like mesh? The combination of light and diet should have him in good shape so may not be MBD. If you can get some videos of his leg twitch that may be helpful too. You can upload those to a host like vimeo or youtube and post the link here.

Toumi

Original Poster
heres the image of his tail. Ill see if I can get a better photo.
full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The tail is certainly damaged. I would take regular photos and compare to see if the shriveled area is moving up the tail. If it is, it is likely infected and will need medical attention. I think a vet visit is warranted either way since so much of the tail is affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom