Back leg twitched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Hello I have a bearded dragon who’s leg twitched for the first time yesterday. I am aware this is a sign of lack of calcium. She has a uvb bulb that is a reptisun t8 10.0 and a 150 basking bulb. She eats a lot and the crickets I give her are sprinkled 4 times a week with calcium and 2 with multi vitamins. Overall she’s pretty good other than that one time. Haven’t seen since. Also her front legs can hold her up but she doesn’t do that when basking she just lays there but when I put food in she stands up on all 4s and looks like nothings wrong.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Where is the T 8? If it's on top of the screen it needs to go inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from basking decor and NO plastic cover over the bulb -- it needs to be unobstructed-- if the bulb is 6 months old it is expired-- the screen is blocking 30% of those rays
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, just got a new one actually not long ago. I was wondering since the vet is really expensive if I could just get Flukers liquid calcium and do it myself it’s way to pricey at the moment.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes and you need ahbd or Tracie drache613 the vet tech to advise on that---- if your lighting is all good that one time is nothing to worry about- you can PM Tracie and ask her- find her name on the board click on it and on left find PM
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Does she respond pretty quick no rush really just curious if I here back tonight or sometime tomorrow.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is it a constant twitch or just a quick and then it was over ? If it's not constant it's highly unlikely to be any problem.

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It’s really quick like less than a minute. I just think it is a problem because her front legs are weak sometimes but she started basking like this again which I haven’t seen her like this since the twitching.
108701-5843215785.jpg
108701-7552615027.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds like just a momentary thing so I wouldn't worry unless it starts to become regular. Can you post a video of her walking ? BTW she looks very stylish so that should make her feel better. :)

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will try to post a video but don’t now how. And she is 8 months and extremely small for her age don’t you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom