Concerned help tail rot or just shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setlz

I just recently got my bearded dragon and it’s had this weird piece of hanging Shed for the past couple days. If you look at it from the top down it seems darker than the rest. I’m concerned that it is tail rot it looks like a nip but others have told me it’s just shed is there anything I can do to help it. so far I sprayed is to keep it moist for a day then I bought some repti shedding aid and applied that. So far she has been eating pretty well in my opinion so far she’s only taken a few bites out of her vegetables. And has pooped everyday since I got her. She is really attentive but a little skidish when I try and clean around her. Can anyone please help me out with this?
108902-5586848934.jpg
108902-4885137849.jpg
108902-5670091365.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't necessarily look like tail rot but it looks like the tail tip was damaged a bit?
I think it should be perfectly fine, but after it sheds, you can re-evaluate the condition
of the tail.
He is a little cutie, how old is he? I realize you haven't had him long though, so it's
hard to know his age. He is quite young though.
If you need more help on the tank setup, let us know & we would be happy to help
review it with you.

Tracie

Setlz

Original Poster
Drache613":1ftdezgg said:
Hello,

It doesn't necessarily look like tail rot but it looks like the tail tip was damaged a bit?
I think it should be perfectly fine, but after it sheds, you can re-evaluate the condition
of the tail.
He is a little cutie, how old is he? I realize you haven't had him long though, so it's
hard to know his age. He is quite young though.
If you need more help on the tank setup, let us know & we would be happy to help
review it with you.

Tracie

Today it started to shed its tail and pretty much left it like this. There’s what seems to be a black dot at the end. The tail isn’t brittle at the end. Should I start treatment just in case? Oh and he’s only 1 month old and I’ve old had her for 4 days. I think I’m being really paranoid about this.
108902-3350601169.jpg
108902-5651098667.jpg
108902-4052244849.jpg
108902-6930895508.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom