Bearded dragon might be sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikehilke

Hey guys, so my bearded dragon has this greyish white thing around his nose. It started of grey, but it's relatively white now. I thought it was a shed, but it looks relatively moist and bubbly. Maybe respiratory infection? I'm going to try to include some pictures in this thread. He's been spacing out a lot too, and stopped eating his veggies, but he still loves he superworms obviously lol.

I have the hot side at 110°F with 35-42% humidity. The cool side is 80° with between 40-50% humidity.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you referring to the end of his nose, being whitish/greyish in color? If that is what
you are talking about then that is going to shed.
He is very cute, great colors!
Are you also using a digital probe or temp gun to measure the temperatures?
Which UVB light are you using?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is a T 8? If so it need to be inside the tank w/ a basking distance of 6-8 inches from decor piece -- the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen - that screen is blocking 30% of the rays --- also NO clear plastic cover over the UVB bulb it needs to be exposed
Karrie

Mikehilke

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2m4p1bvu said:
The UVB is a T 8? If so it need to be inside the tank w/ a basking distance of 6-8 inches from decor piece -- the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen - that screen is blocking 30% of the rays --- also NO clear plastic cover over the UVB bulb it needs to be exposed
Karrie

It's a t8 - I actually cut away the screen from under it since I couldn't get it in the tank. He spends like an hour in the basking area and most of the time in the cool end lol. Just basks after eating pretty much, or after a bath/to warm up. I might even raise his basking light, it has UV too, and I feel like it might be too strong where it is.

Mikehilke

Original Poster
Drache613":1ndvv29p said:
Hello,

Are you referring to the end of his nose, being whitish/greyish in color? If that is what
you are talking about then that is going to shed.
He is very cute, great colors!
Are you also using a digital probe or temp gun to measure the temperatures?
Which UVB light are you using?

Tracie

Yeah, I was referring to that lol. Thank goodness, that's wonderful news! I thought he was getting a respiratory infection due to the humidity going up the past week. (lot of rain etc.)
And he's a cute little boy, thanks!
I use digital probes, I need to get a thermo gun.
I use a t8 zilla reptile slimline, with no screen under, and a tekizoo uva uvb basking light with screen under it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
T8 distance should be 6-8 inches from basking decor an no clear plastic cover over the UVB bulb -
Karrie

Mikehilke

Original Poster
KarrieRee":49cnx8c8 said:
T8 distance should be 6-8 inches from basking decor an no clear plastic cover over the UVB bulb -
Karrie

It's within 6-8 inches of the basking area, and there's no clear plastic cover over the bulb.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
You are using the Zilla T8 tube bulb, correct & it is on top of the screen, or do you
have it mounted underneath of the screen?
Is he eating very much right now?
Keep us posted on him, I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom