Snout bleeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can use a hammock, but not the ones with the fine mesh/screen type because they have
the tendency to get their claws caught in them. Or you can make one out of a soft fleece
material too which he should love!
Hopefully his little nose will finish healing up, but it may take a bit of time. Are you using some
honey on it or antibiotic ointment?

Tracie

TripleJ786

Original Poster
Drache613":b8trhe1x said:
Hello,

You can use a hammock, but not the ones with the fine mesh/screen type because they have
the tendency to get their claws caught in them. Or you can make one out of a soft fleece
material too which he should love!
Hopefully his little nose will finish healing up, but it may take a bit of time. Are you using some
honey on it or antibiotic ointment?

Tracie

I’ve been using honey each day. It’s still sad to see it, but it’s looking smaller and hasn’t gotten worse or bled again thankfully.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
My dog had a case similar to this, but he kept getting his head wound infected and even had to go to the vet to stitch it up twice! My mom kept forgetting to put his cone on his head so he’d go scratch it with his paw. His head took like 2 months to heal.

TripleJ786

Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":runrb7ag said:
My dog had a case similar to this, but he kept getting his head wound infected and even had to go to the vet to stitch it up twice! My mom kept forgetting to put his cone on his head so he’d go scratch it with his paw. His head took like 2 months to heal.

Oh no, poor thing! Hopefully this won’t take two months! Glad he’s all better now :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is his little snout healing up really well I hope?
Just give it time, but as long as you keep it clean then, eventually it will heal up & probably
shed off too & look as good as new.

Tracie

TripleJ786

Original Poster
Drache613":uewjp7nr said:
Hello,

Is his little snout healing up really well I hope?
Just give it time, but as long as you keep it clean then, eventually it will heal up & probably
shed off too & look as good as new.

Tracie

It is nearly all healed. We ended up taking him to the vet just to make sure all is okay so we got some cream too for him there, but he is doing better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom