Random yellow scales... YF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Hi all

Ive noticed today my girl Charlie has these random yellow scales on her face and head

She's got a vet checkup booked next week for her first visit- but do these scales look sinister ..? Or are they just discolored bits of scales due to her growing ?

8HKipBh.jpg

pI53y6m.jpg

3bj8nwf.jpg

nNPl6Dv.jpg

Thanks as always :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No Y.F, just random specks of different color which is very common. Charlie is looking very pretty !

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
AHBD":9sn5pmfl said:
No Y.F, just random specks of different color which is very common. Charlie is looking very pretty !

I thought so ! I just only noticed them today and I didn't quite see them in my other photos of her- but she's growing pretty quickly so hard to spot for me ! Thanks for the reassurance !!

She's gotten a bit spoiled now and will only eat roaches over the BSFL and crickets but at least she eats the kale :lol: could be worse !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those scales are definitely not yellow fungus just pigmentation coloring. He is very cute,
nice colors!
He looks healthy, how is his appetite?

Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Drache613":2n7jzsgm said:
Hello,

Those scales are definitely not yellow fungus just pigmentation coloring. He is very cute,
nice colors!
He looks healthy, how is his appetite?

Tracie

Thanks for that ! The scales on the face are a little bright/raised and they look kindof new, but i think she's (or hes, not 100% sure yet) just growing into her colours maybe :lol:

Appetite has generally been quite good up until the last two days where it came down just a little, she refused BSFL and crickets but eat woodie roaches still. I bought crickets only after running out to offer variety but she refused, so i went back out to get the roaches. I also changed the UVB bulb just in case. She ate plenty of roaches after and ate a good handful of the BSFL too so id say shes eating well !

Estimate to be between 4-5 months old and weighs 110 grams .. is this an ok size for a juvie?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is her appetite doing today?
They sure can eat a lot right? Her size sounds fine to me. How long is she?
Her colors will most likely continue changing as she gets older & with each shed, also.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Drache613":1la9oinx said:
Hello,

How is her appetite doing today?
They sure can eat a lot right? Her size sounds fine to me. How long is she?
Her colors will most likely continue changing as she gets older & with each shed, also.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Hi Tracie, she seems to be eating fine- not completely ravenous but will chase food. She certainly prefers roaches but will eat BSFL in her salad or crickets. :lol: I only feed her once a day now but she has fresh salad daily with lots of BSFL mixed in for her to dig out as she pleases

She 12 inches long!

nVB2c5U.jpg

She will see the vet for the first time this week !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom