I think my beardie has tail rot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzZed

I noticed this today while giving her a bath I thought it was natural before but it seems to be getting worse. Anyway I attached some pictures. Also she has this weird dark patch on her back I’ll include too, I assume it’s just her shedding.
I have not once taken her to the vet in the past 3-4 years since I got her, I have no money and I’m trying to convince my parents to do a checkup. If you see anything wrong let me know so I can help her.
https://imgur.com/gallery/ZaWl23H

Edit : I forgot to mention that originally I thought the top was just some shed but it’s been like that for a few weeks or more.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the patch on the back is just uneven shed, very common and not a health issue. The tail tip is dead and may fall off on it's own. What you can do to be sure it doesn't spread is just snip it with a sterilized pair of sharp scissors. Snip just above the dead area to be sure to get all of the affected area. Wash the scissors with soap + hot water before + after of course. The tail does not feel pain very much at all and most babies that have tails nipped off by siblings are barely affected + continue eating the same day. Snip it very quickly , after it's cut it will bleed slightly but just dab it with a betadine/water soaked cotton ball or soft cloth/paper towel. That will take care of it, once it's dry apply neosporin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom