Sunken eyes after a blood test, is it normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zavi

I just took my two beardies to a vet for a blood test. After having their blood taken they both have sunken eyes, one of them more than the other.
Is it normal or should I be worried?

Also I'm not sure if beardie ER is the right place to post this, if it's not I'll delete.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of the dragons--- I had my dragons blood drawn last week and he did not end up w / sunken eyes - so I haft to say no on that but someone else would need to say for sure
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
A blood test can dehydrate them, you can always soak them in a pedialyte bath (50% unflavored pedialyte, 50% water). Mari came to me in the mail with severely sunken eyes and the pedialyte fixed it in 5 days.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that doesn't sound real normal. Definitely post some pictures of them, so we can see
exactly how sunken in the eyes are.
I would highly recommend some extra oral fluids for a few days, to help with hydration. I
hope that the vet didn't draw too much for the sample though.
Otherwise, are they both eating well & acting normally?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom